- What's Included
- CWC ROPE DOUBLE BRAID POLYESTER 3/8" 600'
Warranty: Money Back if Product is UnusedDouble Braid POLYESTER is very strong and provides excellent abrasion resistance. Polyester stretches less than nylon, so it does not have the elasticity of shock absorbing qualities that nylon does. It has good resistance to UV rays, and resists rot, oil, gasoline, and most chemicals. It is very popular as a marine or industrial rope where stretch is not desired. This item does not always come as a solid white braid. On occasion there are tracers of various colors.
- Features & Specs
- High strength, low stretch, torque free, excellent wet/dry abrasion resistance and wet/dry strength.
- Good resistance to ultraviolet rays and common chemicals.
- Has the best weathering characteristics of all popular fibers.
- 3/8" in diameter.
- 2,430 lbs Minimum breaking force
- 600 feet in length on spool.
- Strength: 2
- Wet vs. Dry Strength: 1
- Shock Load Ability: 3
- In Water: SINKS
- Elongation at Break: 15%-20%
- Water Absorption: ZERO
- Melting Point: 500o F
- Abrasion Resistance: 1
- Degradation Resistance to Sunlight: EXCELLENT
- Degradation Resistance to Rot: EXCELLENT
- Degradation Resistance to Acids: GOOD
- Degradation Resistance to Alkalis: POOR
- Degradation Resistance to Oils: GOOD
- Electrical Conductivity Resistance: GOOD
- Flexing Endurance: 2
- Weight: 32.45 lbs
Quality 5 star :100% ( 1 )
Customer ReviewsSort by:
1 Item(s)per pageExcellent line Review by Popeye
I am always using 3/8 inch polyester line for the running rigging on my sailboat. This was a convenient and low cost solution. especially since the marine chandler is a bit far from my new location. I haven't used the line yet, other than to cut off a length, melt and tape the ends. Seems to be the same high quality line that I am used to. Even has the nice color fleck in it. Arrived promptly and no problems. Thanks(Posted on )