- What's Included
- JET JDP-17MF, 16-1/2" Floor Drill Press, 5/8" Capacity, 3/4HP,16 Speed
- Instruction Manual
Warranty: 5 Year WarrantyA staple in the professional woodshop, a drill press should be able to perform grunt work, yet quickly adjust for precision applications. Jet's 16-1/2-inch model does just that. Made of cast-iron and heavy-gauge steel components, this press spins bits up to 5/8 of an inch with 16 speeds from 200 to 3,630 rpm. A 3/4-horsepower induction motor drives the belts, and, for your convenience, it can run off either 115-volt outlets (for which it comes prewired) or 230-volt sources. The large 13-3/4-inch worktable glides easily with rack-and-pinion adjustment and tilts 45 degrees right or left to accommodate your needs. Two features we like are the positive depth stop on the left side, which quickly adjusts and locks in place via three nuts, and the built-in lamp, a nice touch some competitors don't offer. Changing belt position is a snap after flipping open the hinged metal cover, and, to personalize the press for your comfort and peace of mind, you can adjust the tension on the spindle return spring, as well as lock out the start button to protect others in your absence. This industrial-style drill press is a tool any professional or serious home woodworker can depend on.
- Features & Specs
- 16 speeds lets you choose the best speed for the job
- Quick release crank operated worktable height adjustment rotates + or - 45 for versatility
- Hinged metal belt and pulley cover provides easy access to the quick adjustment motor mount to allow rapid spindle speed changes
- "X" pattern mounting grooves in table allow mounting a fence when table is in reverse position
- Depth stop displays inch/mm and has a quick set bolt for fast, accurate adjustments
- Spindle has high-quality ball bearing construction for long life
- Adjustable tension spindle return spring is ideal for repetitive drilling of the same depth
- Built-in worklight (bulb not included) provides additional visibility of your work
- Swing: 16_ "
- Spindle Travel: 4 3/8 "
- Spindle Distance to Table (max): 29 1/8 "
- Spindle Distance to Base: 49 "
- Spindle Speed: 200 - 3630 RPM
- Spindle Taper: MT-2
- Drilling Capacity: 5/8 "
- Chuck Size: 5/8 "
- Column Diameter: 3 1/8 "
- Table Size: 13 3/4 "
- Motor Power: _ HP
- Motor Voltage: 115 / 230 V
- Motor Current: 9 / 4.5 A
- Motor Phase: 1 Ph
- Spindle Speeds: 16
- Weight: 209 lbs
No reviews have been found