- What's Included
- JET JBM-5, 1/2Hp Benchtop Mortise Machine, 1/2" Capacity, 1725 RPM
- Instruction Manual
Warranty: 5 Year WarrantyFor you furniture makers out there who find yourselves spending more time than you'd like setting up the mortising attachment on your drill press (then taking it off, again), JET's affordable benchtop mortiser ought to be a welcome addition to your woodshop's tool collection. Designed to take up to 1/2-inch chisel bits, JET's benchtop mortiser runs off a 1/2-horsepower induction motor. At only 44 pounds, the tool is sturdy but also easily maneuvered, plus it reverses on its base to allow for mortising in long stock. The 4-3/4-inch head stroke is great. Bits are easy to change. Just flip open the steel door on either side (these doors are made of flimsy plastic on some of the competition's models) to gain easy access to the chuck. And, thanks to the 4-inch chuck key, there's little chance of banging or scraping your knuckles while switching bits (a small touch, perhaps, but a nice one). We also like the quick-setting depth stop on this tool--as well as the removable toggle switch that keeps less-experienced (or child-size) hands out of harm's way. The mortiser's feed handle adjusts, too, so you can choose the most comfortable position for each application--another nice touch. Set on a heavy-duty cast-iron base with four predrilled mounting holes, this dependable machine allows any woodworker, from the beginner to the expert, to create fantastic-looking mortise-and-tenon joints.
- Features & Specs
- Heavy-duty cast iron and steel construction provides durability and stability during use
- Dependable rack-and-pinion head adjustment gives you accurate drilling control
- Long, multi-position mortising handle let you reposition the feed handle for easier operation and optimum handle position
- Three-jaw drill chuck keeps a positive grip on mortising bits with up to 3/4" diameter shanks
- Two hinged side doors allow easy access to the drill chuck
- Quick adjust depth stop for uniform mortise depths
- Column is reversible for mortising larger stock
- Removable On/Off toggle switch prevents accidental or unauthorized use of the tool
- Powerful 1/2HP motor provides consistently smooth performance
- Spindle Speed: 1725 RPM
- Chuck Size: 3/8 "
- Chisel Shank Capacity: 5/8, 3/4 "
- Head Stroke: 4"
- Chisel Center to Fence: 3"
- Under Hold-Down: 4 "
- Fence Size (L x H): 1 9/16 x 13 3/4 "
- Base Size: 7 5/8 x 12 3/16 "
- Bushing Size: 5/8, 3/4 "
- Motor Power: _ HP
- Motor Voltage: 115 V
- Motor Current: 0.25
- Motor Phase: 1 Ph
- Model Number: JBM-5
- Net Weight: 52.45 pound
- Weight: 52 lbs
No reviews have been found