- What's Included
- JET JSG-96, Benchtop 6" x 48" Belt / 9" Disc Sander, 3/4HP 1Ph, 115V
- Instruction Manual
Warranty: 5 Year WarrantyWhether you're removing a large amount of stock or just making the finest changes, this Jet belt/disc sander is definitely up to the task. A 3/4-horsepower motor supplies all the power you need for serious stock removal, and the platen has a graphite sheet that helps keep things cool, so you get more life out of both the sander and the belts.The 9-inch disc sander's table is a generous 7-1/2-by-12-inch cast iron surface, with preset stops at 45 and 90 degrees for reliable angles and nice miter gauge T-slots parallel and perpendicular to the disc. But even better, we think, is the belt sander that operates both horizontally and vertically -- and everywhere in between. The table isn't as large as that of the disc sander, but it's really not necessary, and it functions nicely as a work stop in the horizontal position. The only thing we don't like -- and it's a matter of preference, really -- is that we found the power switch awkward to reach when using the belt sander in the flat position, as it's on the other side of the tool. Adjustments are all quick and easy, especially changing out the belt. All it takes is a flip of the quick-release belt tension lever, and you'll be back to work in a minute. Tracking is an easy task as well, one we appreciate that Jet made so simple. First, pull up the handle of the tracking lock, then just turn the adjusting knob until the belt is centered on the platen. Lock the handle again, but watch carefully: You may need to fine-tune with the knob again, as the belt tends to shift slightly to the left when the tracking lock is engaged again. Once centered, though, the belt will stay put, thanks to the rubber-coated drive drum that keeps a good grip on the sanding belt.
- Features & Specs
- Large cast iron table has preset stops at 90 and 45 to let you use the belt sander vertically, horizontally or anywhere in between
- EXCLUSIVE dual thumbscrew belt tracking adjustment locks to keep belt on track during use
- Graphite covered steel platen runs cooler increasing machine and belt life
- Specially designed belt guard allows full use of the 6" belt width and length
- Drive drum is rubber-coated for a better grip on the sanding belt resulting in less slippage
- Tracking adjustment knob with quick-lock handle keeps belt on track during use
- Quick-release belt tension lever makes belt changes fast and easy
- Quick-lock dust cover allows fast disc changes
- Single 4" dust port on the back of the base collects dust effectively from both the belt and disc
- Powerful 3/4HP motor easily handles the toughest sanding operations
- Built-in handles for easier portability
- Belt Size (L x W): 48 x 6 "
- Belt Speed: 2258 sfpm
- Belt Table Size (L x W): 11 x 5 1/2 "
- Belt Table Tilt: 10 up, 45 down
- Disc Diameter: 9 "
- Disc Speed: 1725 RPM
- Disc Table Size (L x W): 12 x 7 1/2 "
- Disc Table Tilt: 10 up, 45 down
- Dust Port Outside Diameter: 4 "
- Motor Power: _ HP
- Motor Voltage: 115 V
- Motor Current: 11A
- Motor Phase: 1 Ph
- Overall Dimensions: 16 x 29 x 28-1/2
- Net Weight: 100 pounds
- Weight: 100 lbs
No reviews have been found