- What's Included
- Porter-Cable 892-R 2-1/4-Horsepower Router
- Instruction Manual
Warranty: 30 Day In-House Satisfaction GuaranteeUltra-powerful yet super-quiet, the Porter-Cable 892 router offers smooth, reliable operation at a variable speed between 10,000 and 23,000 RPM. This handy tool lets you make changes--like rotating the height adjustment knob, locking and unlocking the motor from the mount, and locking the spindle--all from right above the table. Great for woodworking projects, the 892 features a 2-1/4 HP motor, an auto-spindle lock that allows for quick and easy one-hand bit changes, and a bypass control that's ideal for both larger adjustments and taking out the motor. Made for use with many of the 890 and 690 series router bases, the 892 comes with a CD-ROM that breaks down the process of constructing a router table into clear, concise steps; a versatile carrying case with extra bit and part storage; a generously sized, transparent sub-base; 1/4 and 1/2-inch self-releasing collets; and a handy wrench. The terms Reconditioned, Refurbished, and Remanufactured all refer to the process of inspecting an item for maintenance or minor repair. All Factory Reconditioned items that Hardware Sales Inc. sells have been inspected by the manufacturer and fixed if needed. They are then sent to us for resale as Factory Reconditioned items. They are guaranteed to work like brand new. In most cases they look new although it is possible for them to come with a scratch or scrape since they are not brand new items.
1 Year Warranty
- Features & Specs
- Soft-starting, 12 Amp motor features full-time electronic feedback that maintains motor speed through the toughest applications
- Variable-speed control feature (10,000 - 23,000 rpm) enables bit speed to be optimized for changing applications
- Release the motor, adjust bit height, and clamp the motor from above the router table with 3/16" hex socket (sold separately) or model 75301 kit (sold separately). GripVac base only.
- Dual-position switch allows user to cut power while maintaining control of the router
- Overmolded grips for greater comfort in extended use
- Spindle lock feature allows for single wrench bit changes
- Durable latch lever enables quick and simple coarse depth adjustments and motor release for transition between bases
- Rack and pinion adjustment provides fine depth settings to 1/128"
- Collets included to accept 1/4" and 1/2" shank bits
- Motor transitions quickly between GripVac base (included), plunge base (included), and traditional spiral down bases (690 series)
- Requires 110 volt input
- Power: 120V AC, 60 Hz
- HP: 2-1/4 HP
- Amps: 12 Amps
- No Load Speed: 10,000 - 23,000 rpm
- Motor Diameter: 3-1/2 "
- Collets: 1/4" & 1/2" "
- Base: Round
- Length: 9 "
- Width: 6 "
- Height: At Zero: 9.9"; Tallest: 11.1 "
- Weight: 9 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 13 lbs
- Weight: 14.2 lbs
No reviews have been found