- What's Included
- RECOIL THREAD INSERT 5/8-18 5PK
Warranty: 30 Day Limited Warranty on Defective ProductRecoil inserts are rolled from high quality stainless steel wire with a diamond shaped cross section, wound to the shape of a spring thread. Once the insert is installed into a tapped hole, it provides a permanent and wear resistant thread in the parent material designed to be stronger than the original thread. The inserts are greater in diameter than the corresponding tapped hole and compress as they are installed. This allows maximum surface contact area with the tapped thread, safely and permanently anchoring the inserts into place. The inserts compensatory action shares the load over the entire bolt and hole, increasing holding or pull out strength. With a Recoil insert in place, load and stress are more evenly distributed. Recoil inserts are installed in four easy steps... 1) Drill the hole. 2) Tap the Hole. 3) Install the insert. 4) Break the tang.
- Features & Specs
- Recoil inserts are the quick and easy way to repair damaged threads or create stronger original threads.
- Reduces thread wear, is interchangeable with other brands of inserts or tooling.
- Wide temperature tolerance.
- Thread Diameter: 5/8(.6250-Inch)
- Pitch: 18 TPI
- Length: 0.9375-Inch
- Max Temperature: 425 Celcius
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Style: Free Running
- Weight: 0.15 lb
No reviews have been found